Monday, April 7, 2008

TV of the second millenium

Ok, so I haven't bought the iPod yet. I refuse to pay $500 for an iPod Touch especially since I'm in debt like most irresponsible 20-somethings are.

So, it's Monday and it's my day off. Aside from solely lying on the couch and watching The Riches and the latest episode of The Tudors, I got rid of a lot of emotional baggage. This is a blog, yes, but it's not a Bitch-log so that's left for my open diary.com. Just kidding. I haven't had one of those since high school. It was so 2K4.

Anyway, on my day of watching excessive amounts of "new millennium" television (quality tv, let me tell ya), I saw an ad on MTV. Yes, I was watching Parental Control and the sad part was that I had already seen that episode.

I saw a preview for Tila Tequila's A Shot of Love 2. Seriously? I will take that chick-a-dee, pick her up by her small bones and squash her with my thumb (or pinky).

Aside from that the fact that she's come to annoy me and mostly because she didn't pick Dani in the first season, SHE IS NOT GAY, she isn't even bisexual. She's what is known as closet straight (there's a new term for you). The only thing that I enjoy about her is that her music video is hot. I watch it on mute because her voice is a mixture of nails screeching on a black board and Styrofoam cacophony.

In other news, if you want to watch something worthwhile and fictional because the news is always worth your time, you should check out the second season of The Tudors and if you're cheap and don't have Showtime you could catch the second season of The Riches.

The Tudors airs Sundays on Showtime at 10pm. It stars Jonathan Rhys Myers (gorgeous Irish boy) as Henry the Eighth and Natalie Dormer as Ann Boleyn, the mistress King Henry left Queen Katherine for and led to numerous beheadings and the creation of the Church of England. Besides its appeal to massive history buffs like myself, if you're looking for sex appeal, this is the show to watch. One of the best things in this season though is Peter O'Toole playing Pope Paul III, Henry's enemy who refuses to give Henry a divorce to Katherine and also wouldn't mind if someone assassinated Lady Ann.

The Riches airs Tuesdays on FX at 10pm and stars one of my new favorite actors, Eddie Izzard and Minnie Driver. It's about a family of American gypsies called "Travelers" that belong to an incestuous tribe of thieves and con-men. Need more reason to watch it? So in season 1 they are accidental accessories to a car accident slash murder of Doug and Shereen Rich, a wealthy lawyer and Dental hygienist in Louisiana. They were on their way to their new house in a gated community called Eden Falls. Who buys a house on the internet? Rich people and people that don't know people in Eden Falls. So the Travelers, Wayne and Dahlia Malloy take the place of the Riches. Oh my God, I just got the title of the show. Someone is bound to figure out who they are and what they did, right? Basically they just kill whoever finds out or questions them. Not really, that's only sometimes the case. This family slowly becomes caught in their own web of lies and starts to wonder what is fiction and what is real. I know that that's happened to me on many occasions.

I need to go now because I'm watching cycle 6 of America's Next Top Model for the 9823674283 time. For some reason I still hope for Jade to win.

1 comment:

erica said...

You should make a Tila translator:

"Bisexual beauty Tila Tequila opened up her home -- and her heart -- in search of true love during season 1 of A Shot at Love"

But what she reallllly means is:

"Closet-straight hottie Tila Tequila (which is definitely not her birth name..it's probably something like Edith) -- invites a bunch of attractive straight men and (possibly) luscious lesbian women -- so that all of America can see her tear up something awful like a soap opera on fast forward while she searches for her next drunken booty call in season 1 of "A Shot At Love"