Saturday, April 12, 2008

Hey dude, your cute baby face needs some hair

So as I do every Saturday night, I reminisce about Penn's drag show in 2007 and how I wish I could have put on fake facial hair. I yearn to have another chance at those couple of hours of letting my alter-ego loose.

If you think it's strange that I think of this once a week, you may be amazed at the fact that in Japan there is a new trend. Shocked? You shouldn't be. Japan has always been on of the risk-takers in new fashion trends. This time it's for the Japanese men. If you're an Asian man or pre-pubescent lad, you'd understand.

Across the Pacific Ocean, men are going to work cleanly shaved or just naturally hairless (as most Asian men). After work and as their female counterparts "put on their face," these dudes apply fake facial hair.


It's all the rage. I would show you a link to a site that sells the products, Propia, Inc., but it's all in Japanese. Click here if you know Japanese.

For about 2,600 Yen ($26), not including shipping from Japan, you too can sport a nice dirt-stache.

No comments: