Sunday, February 24, 2008

I'm taking a year off from the hassles and stress of an ivy-league education and living at home in DC. However, this implies that school was in the least bit stressful. That would imply that I went to class, read the textbooks that I bought, and took the exams. Instead of doing all those things that a good student should do, I went clubbing, shopping, restaurant-ing, movie theater-ing...and spent the rest of the time at home on the couch playing video games, watching tv, and movies. They say that the gay community has a higher indispensable income because we can't reproduce offspring, and yet we still find a way to do so.

Now the best entertainment is always free (but not the most luxurious) and with my new computer I've taken to watching TV shows online again. One show that's caught my eye is FX's Dirt with Courtney Cox. This isn't a must-see, but it's definitely a must-check-out-at-least-once.

FX shows have become an obsession starting with Nip/Tuck. Initially a bit rough, Dirt won me over with Courtney Cox's hotness and the twisted story plots, especially Lucy Spiller's (Cox) schizophrenic best friend and main photographer Don. Sometimes I feel bad for Lucy, the editor-in-chief of DirtNow, a tabloid. The rest of the 99% of the time I can't believe the stunts she pulls actually could work out in the real world.

Season 2 is starting up next weekend, March 2nd on FX at 10pm Eastern Time. Do yourself a favor and check it out. Maybe then I'll have someone with whom I can talk about the show. Come on, people.

On a more recent matter (more like in less than one and a half hours), the Oscars start. Aside from the fact that the stupid writer's strike may have crapped this one up, I'm looking forward to seeing Atonement with Keira Knightley and James McAvoy win big. I'll be back to blog after the show to rant or rave.


Price: Free (Cable subscription not included)

No comments: